The ultimate reference work on the records of
America's No. 1 rock group
The Beach Boys!
SURFS UP! The Beach Boys On Record 1961-1981, by Brad Elliott, is the complete guide to the first 20 years of records by The Beach Boys, recognized today as one of the most influential groups ever in popular music. Their album, Pet Sounds, is regularly listed among the best rock albums ever released, and their chart-topping hit, Good Vibrations, often is cited as the best rock single. SURFS UP! is a thorough chronicle of the group's work.
This 520-page volume details all the recordings with which The Beach Boys were involved during their first 20 years, both as a group and individually. Included are:
- A 385-entry chronological discography. (View a sample page)
- Details of songs and albums, including vocal, musician and engineering credits. (View a sample page)
- An extensive discussion of unreleased material: studio outtakes, unrecorded songs, notable concert performances, radio and television appearances, etc. (View a sample page)
- A listing of DJ and promotional records. (View a sample page)
- Information on records by relatives and friends. (View a sample page)
- Week-by-week chart activity of Beach Boys records from Billboard magazine. (View a sample page)
- Specialized indices and a 10,000-entry general index.
- 107 photographs, and much more.
Click here to read what the critics, fans and pros have said about Surf's Up!
Surfs Up! Books
P.O. Box 149
Brooklyn, CT 06234
This page was last updated July 26, 2022.